Welcome to our PENTECOST SUNDAY SERVICE.
We encourage you to sit in stillness for ten to fifteen
minutes and open your heart to receive God’s gift of the Holy Spirit.
This spiritual exercise will deepen your awareness of the presence of the Holy Spirit in your heart and give you confidence that the Spirit will be with you in everything you do to make Christ
- Centre yourself; sit upright, two feet firmly on the floor; breathe rhythmically with
deep breaths, in and out, from the abdomen; clear your mind of all preoccupations.
- Bring yourself to bodily stillness.
- Now welcome in your heart this gift that Jesus has for you: “Peace I leave
with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid” (John
- Quietly repeat those words of Jesus and hand over to him all worries or
- You may find it helpful if you name to God a specific area where you need healing or
- Now be still for some time in the presence of God as you welcome the Holy Spirit into
- As you are about to finish your time of prayer, focus again on your breathing while you
relax in God’s presence.
- Bring yourself gently back to your daily concerns.
May you receive that peace of Christ each day.